The Brainpower Quiz Solutions
Here are the solutions to the Brainpower Quiz:
1. The answer is B. About 20% of your blood is pumped to your
brain. It needs it to keep up with the heavy metabolic demands
of its neurons.
2. The answer is C. The cerebellum, sometimes called the "little
brain", is found at the lower back of the brain. It weighs
approximately 150 grams. It is needed to maintain posture, to
walk, and to perform any coordinated movements.
3. The answer is C, 100 billion.
4. The answer is A. Your brain needs a continuous supply of
oxygen. A 10 minute loss of oxygen will normally cause significant
5. False. There are many examples of people increasing their
intelligence later in life, and many ways to do so.
6. The answer is B. An elephant's brain is about six times
as large as a human brain, and a cat's brain weighs about one
ounce. However, in relation to body size, humans have the largest
brain of all the animals, averaging about 2% of body weight.
7. The answer is B, 85,000. For the good news, see the answer
to number 9.
8. The answer is B. Because he was smaller than average, Albert
Einstein's brain was most likely smaller than average. Brain
size is generally proportional to body size in humans. Fortunately,
brainpower is not.
9. False. The brain continues to produce new neurons throughout
our lives, and it does so in response to stimulation (mental
exercise). Referred to as brain plasticity or neuro-plasticity,
this is one of the most encouraging of these brain facts.
10. The answer is C There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels
in the brain.
If you got six or more correct on this brainpower quiz, you
know more about the brain than the average person. If you got
all ten correct, you must have saved the newsletter where I first
presented all this information.
Click here to return to the Brainpower