A Short Brainpower Quiz
Think you know a bit about the brain and how it works? See
how you do on this brainpower quiz.
1. How much of a person's blood supply does the average brain
A) 5% B) 20% C) 50%
2. The cerebellum is needed to:
A) Regulate body temperature. B) Recognize faces. C) Maintain
3. The number of neurons in the average brain is closest to:
A) 100 Million. B) One billion. C) 100 billion.
4. What percentage of the oxygen you take in is used by your
A) 20% B) 5% C. 50%
5. True or False: Intelligence quotient (IQ) is determined
at birth or in early childhood, and can't be increased later
6. What animal has the largest brain in relation to body size?
A) An elephant. B) A human. C) A cat.
7. Number of neocortical neurons lost each day:
A) 8,500 B) 85,000 C) 1,000,000
8. Albert Einstein's brain was:
A) Larger than the average human brain. B) Smaller than average.
C) About average.
9. True or False: The number of neurons in the brain is set
by early childhood, and declines throughout life.
10. The number of miles of blood vessels in the brain is:
A) 10 miles. B) 1,000 miles. C) 100,000 miles.
Use the link here for the Brainpower