Most of the following are really just jokes in riddle form,
but they still might give you a laugh and some mental
exercise. A riddle after all, is a form of lateral thinking puzzle
-- it leads you in one direction, but requires that you think
in another direction to find the solution. In addition to that
mental exercise, laughter is good for the brain. Well... the
research on that part is thin so far, but it will be proven eventually.
By the way, there are no political jokes here. Do you know
what's wrong with political jokes? They get elected! Okay, maybe
just that one. Here are a few more funny riddles (scroll down
for the answers):
1. What did the instructor at the school for Kamikaze pilots
tell his students?
2. Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister in the
state of California?
3. How many times can you subtract 5 from 25?
4. What two things can never be eaten for breakfast?
5. What did the fish say when he ran into a concrete wall?
6. Imagine you are in a sinking boat and surrounded by sharks.
How do you survive?
7. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest
mountain on Earth?
8.The person who makes it doesn't want it. The person who
buys it doesn't use it. The person who uses it doesn't see it.
What is it?
9. While some months have just 30 days, others have 31 days.
How many months have 28 days?
10. On my way to St. Ives I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife
had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kitten,
cats, sacks, wives. How many were going to St. Ives?
11. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
12. There is a house with all 4 sides facing south. If a bear
walks past the house, what color would it be?
13. It is everything to someone, and nothing to everyone else.
What is it?
Answers to the Riddles
1. Watch closely. I'm only going to do this once.
2. Probably not, since he's dead.
3. Just once, because after you subtract anything from it,
it's not 25 anymore.
4. Lunch and dinner.
6. Just quit imagining!
7. Mount Everest, of course.
8. A coffin.
9. Every month has 28 days.
10. Just one, me (I saw a man...).
11. The egg, since dinosaurs laid eggs long before there were
12. White. A house with all sides facing south would have
to be on the North Pole, where there might be polar bears, but
13. Your mind.
The pages Really Funny Jokes,
Twisted Humor and Hard
Riddles also have a few humorous riddles. And our Riddles
and Puzzles Index has all the riddle pages.