Some Strange Facts
Here is a small collection of strange and interesting facts.
They are not necessarily useful facts, but they can get you thinking,
and maybe even help you win that next trivia game.
- It has been shown that a cockroach can live nine days without
its head before dying.
- You can't sneeze with your eyes open (don't try this at
- Stretch your arms out and have someone measure fingertip
to fingertip. For most people this will be almost exactly how
tall they are.
- Using U.S. coins, there are 293 ways to make change for
- A dragonfly lives for only about 24 hours.
- A piece of paper can only be folded in half, and then in
half again and again for 7 times or less. (This one you can try
- Shave a tiger (don't try this one), and you'll see that
it has striped skin, not just striped fur.
- Peanuts have been used as one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- For the average person, their left hand does 56% of the
- Some of the creosote bushes in the Mojave Desert are estimated
to be as much as 12,000 years old, making them the oldest living
things on earth.
Even Stranger Facts
- The heart of a blue whale is several feet across, and the
tongue of a blue whale is several meters.
- Scientists claim that a goldfish has a memory span of just
- There are more people killed by donkeys every year than
are killed in plane crashes.
- It is estimated that a snail can sleep for 3 years.
- An ostrich's brain is smaller than its eye.
Check back soon for links to more pages of strange facts.